Friday, February 3, 2017

Generous Donations.

 I received an email from Jan Lock, a Victorian quilter who was a member of the Casey U3A Patchwork group. The members had decided to make a patchwork top to donate to charity and they very kindly sent it to me to quilt and donate on their behalf.
  I was very surprised to receive not just one quilt but 2 lovely quilt tops. The pattern is Churndash, one of my favourites, and the blocks are 12 inches in size. The ladies have done a lovely job with and they will make beautiful donation quilts.  It might be a little while before I get them quilted but I will be sure to show them here when they are done.
  Please pass on my thanks to your lovely quilters, Jan L. Their gift of quilts will bring joy to someone in need of comfort.
Hugs, Jan Mac

5 comments:

Maria said...

Both flimsys are beautiful.. lovely ladies making the top...

Jan Mac said...

I should have explained that the top in the second photo is folded in half.

Marijke said...

Love the blocks .another great gift .luckely you move to a house with a lot bedrooms .

margaret said...

like you very fond of the churn dash just make a quilt using 15" blocks. Good to know they will be going to someone in need. I take part in a bee blessed charity block make, this month we are to do quarter square blocks oh dear bias seams! been given a tip to starch the fabric first.

Linda said...

Two lovely quilts. Great blocks with great colour choices.