Sunday, October 12, 2014

Making Time for Baby Jane

 Since my 2 day workshop withe the delightful Brenda Papadakis, I am determined to keep the momentum going by working on my Baby Jane blocks on a regular basis. For the last couple of days I made 2 and a half and finished the half block and made 2 more today.
 Brenda gave us a photocopied sheet from the book so we can paste the fabric scrap over each block as we do it. It will help to ensure we don't have the same fabric next to each other. So far I am anble to use a new blue fabric for each block but I still have a long way to go.
 Here's my 16 so far and I'm happy with my progress. I don't stitch them if the light isn't good as my eyesight is probably not as keen as Jane Stickle.
Hearing that our next Applique Group's Exhibition will be in 17 months time I decided to draft up a quilt I have been planning to make, in the hope that I'll have it to show in March 2016.  It's 4 large applique blocks and I bought the fabric earlier this year. It will be a modern take on a vintage quilt and I'm just in the early stages at the moment. I don't want to forget Baby Jane though as well as my two half inch hexagon quilts> Sew many quilts and sew little time! I'm off to bed again now as I have more nights to work.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Marijke said...

good morning Jan .love the Baby Jane quilt .you r,e a Buzzy bee.
hugs marijke

margaret said...

good to see the blocs are coming along so well