Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Stitching

 Yesterday was our meeting of my applique group which is always a great way to get inspired with my stitching. The Show and Tell was spectacular as usual and the first exhibition of our work will be held in Castlemaine in March next year. I need to get some of my applique WIPs finished so I have something to share. I took photos of the Show and Tell but had forgotten my camera and used my new phone. Unfortunately it isn't on speaking terms with my computer yet so I haven't been able to share any of the photos. I did manage to hand piece another 6 Bow Tie blocks which has been a very good take along stitching project.
Today I worked on tidying up some more scraps and then focused on reverse appliqueing my sunflower blocks to the background. I have one more block to make and it will be a large quilt if I set them on point as I am planning at the moment. They are going together more quickly than I'd anticipated and I want to keep working on them so I can get onto the machine quilting. I am still hand piecing the borders as well and plan to take those with me when we go away at the end of the week for a week or so.
  Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more progress to share.
I hope you have all had a good stitching weekend as well.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

mari paz said...

Very beautifull I love.
Kiss

Maria said...

The sunflower blocks look great on that background. Love your bowtie blocks!