Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Still Scrapping and a Finish

 I only needed one more quilt finish for the kids' camp so I decided to finish off another QAYG quilt from donated blocks. I'd put aside all the blocks which were predominantly blue and thought this would be a good one to finish as I've been consciously trying to make more quilts which will be suitable for boys. It is actually a bit brighter than it appears in the photo and will warm a young boy when the cold winds blow.
 I'm still going through my scrap bins and have finished another top made from strings about 4.5" in length. It's a great pattern to use up those shorter strings which are too short for QAYG blocks.
  I have also started another set of 9 patch blocks surrounded by triangles for more Square in a Square blocks and hope to have a finished top to show tomorrow. I may get time to machine quilt them before we leave in our trip and that will give me a head start on some quilts to donate for Christmas.
 Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Maria said...

As always Jan, beautiful work from you!

scraphappy said...

Great progress. You are doing an amazing job of using up scraps.