Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Treasure Trove

 I received a huge parcel yesterday and it was stuffed full of QAYG blocks, fabric, quilt tops and numerous sets of blocks. Unfortunately it was sent anonymously so I can't thank the sender but the bits and pieces will be used up very soon so I can donate more quilts where they are needed. I also met up with a quilter who was traveling through from Melbourne and she dropped off numerous bags of fabric and some batting pieces. I've already stared to use these donations and have made enough blocks for another QAYG quilt. I also received a very generous donation of money to help pay for quilt costs, which will be very useful in the next few weeks.
 Today I finished off the QAYG quilt and also quilted a top I made recently to clear out the tub of 2.5" squares. The blue top also used up lots of those squares and I think I'll add borders to make it a bit larger. I'm off to bed now as I have more night shifts to work.
Many thanks for your help with these quilt drives.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oo, I love that nine patch quilt!

kaiteM said...

Gorgeous and so generous. You work so fast, well done. I hope you have an easy week of night shifts.