The floods have receded and the ground is finally drying out. We had no casualties other than a 6 ft long brown snake which had been washed up near the house, by the floods, and it was killed by the rider mower when DH was mowing the lawns. It was obviously still in hibernation mode and after every flood we've had at least one snake which decided to take up residence near our house and we've had to relocate it.
It must be spring as I've been busy purging the remainder of my quilting and craft magazines. It means that I've made a real mess of my sewing room but eventually it will give me more space for my WIPs and fabric.
I received a lovely bag stuffed full of cloth bags which have been donated by a lovely lady from Noosa Heads Qld, and these will be sent to East Timor to be used as rice bags for people who are given rice to supplement their food supplies. Under-nutrition is a huge problem in Timor due to the difficulties with growing enough food for their population.
I also thought I'd show the 4 blocks I've finished for my Civil War Bride quilt. I'm pleased with them and will work on the next one as soon as I have it prepared for applique.
We're off camping with friends for a few days so I plan to take some hand sewing in case I get time to sit and stitch. I forgot to add the number of hats I'd knitted and was happy with the 36 I've made so far. I've also shown the week's supply of finished QAYG quilts on my other blog at Oz Comfort Quilts.