Monday, February 15, 2021

Oh Dear!

Victoria is in stage 4 lockdown again for at least 5 days and I don't  think that it was unexpected as most of us thought it would happen once they allowed tennis players to fly in for the Australian Open. Hopefully it won't continue on but we're half expecting that it will. We're not seeing the boys for a few days and it's a shame as our DD's pregnancy hasn't been easy and we like to have the boys here to give her a rest. We'll take them again if lockdown continues so she can get more rest. 

   I have started knitting a shawl for our expected granddaughter as, although they're not used a lot now, it will be a nice keepsake. I also thought that I should knit one for our granddaughter as I have made them for other people's children,  but when Jake was coming, we were busy getting the farm ready to sell, and with Aidan we were busy caring for Jake.

I had trouble finding a pattern Ilike using 3 ply but started knitting last week, after using a digital pattern. I have knitted about 25% of it and I don't like the outer edges it's too fussy. Oh dear!! Now I have found another pattern which is more like my favourite pattern (whichI can't find at the moment, oh dear!!) and I have started the new pattern so I hope that I like this one. My favourite knitting design for babies is feather and fan which this one has as well.

I'm also busy getting more tops quilted and this lovely pastel top was one of the many donated by Robin Walker and the Fishbowler Sewists from Tasmania. 
Barbara Dawson from Victoria made this pretty top in pink.
Lyz Kershaw (Vic) donated these fabulous QAYG blocks with a bright and tropical theme.
Maia Butler from NSW donated this beautiful top with hexagon flowers and an appliqued borders.
Lesley Lowe (Vic) donated this lovely top, as well as many others.

 This baby play mat was made from the large blue bordered and quilted blocks from Sunnybank Quilters from Qld, combined with small QAYG blocks donated by Marie Lee and the Victorian Quilter's Association.  I used grey joining strips which allowed the bright colours of the blocks to stand out. I had intended to have the 2 flower blocks in opposite corners but then they were turned around which doesn't look as balanced but probably not that important for a baby play mat. 

Let's hope the lockdown is over soon and that I get the shawl finished in time.

Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Feather and fan always knits up beautifully but I hope you will love the one you are working bow...
I don’t know why I keep having the sports with international players !!

Lots of lovely donated quilts etc...