Monday, November 18, 2019

UFO Monday.

 I can't believe that I found enough evening time to finish the last diamond piece for the large part of this quilt. Below you can see my start on it last Monday and I not only finished the diamond but also stitched it into the main section.
 Now I have to finish adding small hexagon flowers around the diamond shape as well as finishing those around the circular section of hexies.
 It's a very long term project with something like 17,500 half inch hexagons, but by focusing on stitching these most evenings, I am really making good progress.
This is another long term UFO  which resulted from my collection of 5.5 inch half square triangles. I have been making them for some time to use up my large collection of signed cream squares from one of my online groups. By cutting them in half I am able to remove identifying information. If it's still visible then I use the reverse of the fabric. I have also included half square triangles which I removed from Jenny H's (New Zealand) large quilt and these will all help to make another lovely quilt.
    No finish to report this week but lots of progress happening.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Your gorgeous Hexie Project is growing beautifully..
You always surprise how you can make a lovely quilt by putting differents bits of other ones together..