Monday, October 7, 2019

UFO Monday.

 Now that I have restarted working on my La Passion quilt I'm really enjoying it and have fallen in love with the design again. I've worked on it most evenings for the last couple of weeks and have joined the circle piece and a diamond to the main piece.
 Joining these segments to the main piece involves making lots of small hexie flowers and stitching the pale blue background hexies to join the segments. There doesn't seem to be much progress each night but overall the main piece is growing.
 Today AQA celebrated it's 40th anniversary and we had a morning tea to celebrate. I was too busy to take photos but I did win a jelly roll for a raffle prize, which was very generous of the Committee.
Of course it will be made into a gift quilt and donated but I will enjoy trying out a new pattern. I bought this jelly roll pattern book recently so I plan to select one and put a top together . As I'm busy finishing up UFOs I have only made 2 new quilts this year, and they were for new babies in the family, so I will allow myself to enjoy making a new quilt but I have to make sure that I finish it and then get back to my UFOs so I don't get distracted by new projects.
   I have several quilts pinned and ready to go so hopefully tomorrow will be a big day of quilting. I'm sure I can create a little bit of time even if the boys are here during the week.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Beautiful La Passion hexie quilt you are working on....
Nice win and enjoy making a new quilt out of your new book with it.