Tuesday, September 3, 2019

UFO Tuesday.

 I missed posting on UFO Monday as it was such a busy day with my quilting group meeting and family commitments. I have been busy working on finishing

up more UFOs and this first photo is part of a very large quilt made from half inch hexagons. The second photo shows what I had stitched last week and above you can see my progress since then. Once I start stitching the border hexies it seems to grow more slowly. This will still be a long term project but I need to keep working on it and get it finished.  I'm really enjoying stitching this one again and can't wait to attach this part to the main quilt. I have one more section like this to stitch and one more large diamond shape to stitch before I move onto the next stage.
 This large piece of hand pieced stars us another UFO that I have found and I gave finished off a couple of the remaining stars and added borders so it's now ready to quilt, hopefully this week. The stars were made from 6.5 inch squares of oriental fabric that I received in an online swap about 11 years ago.
I'm pleased with how it's looking and look forward to another UFO finish next week.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I LOVE your oriental star quilt, so beautiful! It's such aagood feeling to finish old projects. Happy Stitching!

Maria said...

Great progress on your UFOs...

Ulla said...

Both quilts are very beautiful and a huge lot of work well worth it.

Linda said...

Wow, you’re doing really well with your UFOs. I’ve never done hexies and can’t imagine hand sewing such tiny morsels!