Monday, September 23, 2019

UFO Monday -25th UFO Finish.

 Finally this top is finished and quilted. It was started in 2007 after I swapped signature squares and 6.5 inch Asian fabric with members of my online group, Southern Cross Quilters. I was able to cut 3 star segments from each 6.5 inch square and it is completely hand pieced with the exception of the borders which were machine sewn to finish the top.
   It's my 25th UFO finish for the year and it will be donated to Peter Mac for one of their patients. I'm thrilled to have completed 25 UFOs so far this year and I'm going to keep working on them as I still have many more to finish - most are mine but some have been donated too. A lot of mine are more long term projects and now I'm working on those as well in the evenings so I can keep moving them towards a finish.
 I have been stitching and removing about 30 hexagons a night as well as prepping more for stitching. The large round piece has been added to the "mother ship" of the main quilt top and I am stitching around the edges with the pale blue.

 Now I'm making the green floral hexagon flowers which go between the diamond and round sections. I have the next diamond piece finished and ready to be added to the "mother ship", and the last round piece is half way to being pieced and I have one large diamond left to piece before I commence the outer section .
These small flowers are used between the round and diamond sections and I have been piecing more of them and getting ready to add them to the main section. It may not look like much is happening but I can see progress and I'm excited to see a finish in my future. It will still be a year or two but I think it will be worth it.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Sarah in Houston said...

You are such an inspiration!! I wish I would get more focused on UFOs. Keep it up!!

Marijke said...

THATS A LOT UFO,S YOU FINISHED JAN.THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL .I,M WORKING ON MINE, NOW I,M SETTLED.THEY ARE ALL FOR CHARITY.HUGS MARIJKE