Sunday, September 22, 2019

Deconstructing, Reconstructing.

 I've more to show this week after all my working deconstructing about 60 donated coverlets which were too small for use, some being the size of a FQ. I spent every evening unpicking for about 10 nights and have finally finished.
  This first quilt was made from 2 small coverlets and I joined them together as they were made from the same fabrics,  then added borders. Now it's quilted and large enough for a gift quilt.
 This was a small coverlet using just the pieced centre. I took it apart and then, using my stash , I added borders until it was large enougb for a cot quilt.
 This quilt and the following 2 were coverlets, backed with fleece fabric.  I joined them together using the QAYG method,  and the same as last weeks,  so now they are large enough to be cot quilts. I did think of adding backing but that would have been a lot more work and these are nice and soft .

It's good to clear out the quilting group's cupboards and remake the small coverlets we received so that they can be useful donations. I enjoy doing these type of projects too as it tests my creativity to adapt donations and make them usable.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your creativity has made some useful quilts. Well done.