Monday, July 15, 2019

UFO Monday- 20th UFO Finish.

 This lap quilt is my 20th UFO finish for the year and used up 2 panels and 2 different sets of blocks. I had 3 orphan Snowball blocks and Heart blocks donated by Dutch quilters so decided to combine them with the panels to make a lap quilt for Peter Mac. I made one of the Heart blocks into a Snowball block and I'm very happy to have another finished UFO which uses up more of my orphan and donated blocks. It's also making me work creatively to use them in quilts.
 I also finished the machine embroidery on the applique for this UFO and have almost finished quilting it so it should be another UFO finish in a day or so.
 This hexagon heart block is another UFO that I am working on and I will add a border first and then add more hexagon blocks to surround it.
At the moment I'm appliqueing hexagons to background squares and it's also using up more scrappy hexies that I have been working on, so a win-win.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love your creative idea's in the quilt tops using odd blocks--
I have taken all my counted cross pieces out of their frames and am washing them--
some I don't want to reframe--so was thinking of a wall hanging--and now seeing how you put this one together--I think it might work--so thanks--
luv,di

Maria said...

You always make such great quilts from the orphan blocks....