Sunday, June 16, 2019

Weekly Catch Up.

It's been a good week for finishes as well as spending time with our delightful grandsons and life is good. I still love putting QAYG quilts together and I love how they look.
This cat quilt top was donated by Lesley L.  from Rochester and it looks lovely now that it's finished .
This star top was made from lots of orphan star blocks and I have more to put together when I have time .
This lovely green top was donated by Jo from Qld, I think. It was a top twice this size originally and I split it into 2 and added extra borders so it's a lovely size for donation. All of these quilts are going to Peter Mac for their clients.
   Yesterday I donated 16 to Peter Mac and they were thrilled with them.
I also bought some Super hero fleece fabric to make chemo beanies for kids as Peter Mac call them their Super heros. I made one to try for size and they were happy with it so will get more made now.
I also received some fabric,  patterns and kits from Peter Mac,  to be made up and they will be sold in their auxillary shop to raise funds for various projects for patients . They had been donated at the request of Carol's DH as a way of thanking Peter Mac for the care they gave his wife. I feel honoured to be able to honour her memory in this way. She had bought the items, knowing she wouldn't be well enough to make them but her DH was wise enough to know that it was giving her pleasure to buy the fabrics and dream of future projects. I know that as quilters we often buy for the joy of planning pretty projects and I also enjoy sewing and quilting and then donating them to others as I really couldn't store all that I make.
I have shared photos of these finishes and yesterday, as well as the 16 quilts, I also donated: 6 baby jackets ( 5 made by Margaret H.)
             4 bags
             2 cushions
             2 aprons - 1 adult and 1 child
             1 fleece baby blanket
             1 fleece chemo beanie
             5 lap/cot sized quilts.
Peter Mac were thrilled to have so many items to sell and they will all help to raise much needed funds and I need to keep busy sewing thtough my stash as well as the donated items. I will have more to share soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a productive week you have had. Enjoy making up those gifted fabrics and kits.

Anonymous said...

Jan, you do an amazing job sewing and knitting all the ‘goodies’ for Peter Mac.

Maria said...

A busy week Jan finishing more great quilts, knitting and chemo beanie..