Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Rushed Project.

 DD  gave me 2 days notice to make this bear for Aidan's 1 month photos. She received a fox in a similar design for Jake and her friend was going to buy the same for Aidan but the maker was on leave. DD is very big on treating her boys the same and really wanted a similar toy for Aidan's photos to measure his monthly growth and she enlisted my help to make it.
 So I had to draft a pattern based on Pinterest and I  had 2 days to make it. She loves it and it resembles Jake's in style so their photos will look similar. Of course now it's made I can see ways to make it easier for next time.
Machine applique makes it fairly quick to get facial features done. The problem I had is that the body is a bit small, making it difficult to machine stitch it and enclose the arms and legs. I ended up having to hand stitch down one side of the body and across the bottom.  I made the deadline so all goid. DD issued me a challenge and she was sure I could make it but the time trial was added pressure .
Back to the quilts now.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Pleased you managed to finish the toy in time for the photo . Sounded quite a challenge in such a short time.