Sunday, May 5, 2019

Weekly Catch Up.

 I'm still quilting donated tops and the first 2 were donated by Ky Valley/ Rochester quilters via Lesley L. (I think ) and will be going to needy kids supported by Anglicare.
 This top was quilted for AQA to donate for their Gift Quilt Program and it's another great example of using scraps effectively. My co-workers do a great job with making kits from the donated fabric we receive and they make beautiful quilts as a result.
 More evenings were spent crocheting squares to join those from Linda A. and I finished another large blanket which has been donated to the homeless.
 Making larger backings by adding 6 inch strips of blocks to backing fabric has also been a priority as I've found more donated tops to quilt and want to have suitable backing ready so I can keep busy quilting them, as time allows.
The weeks are going quickly now that I am reporting on my UFO progress as well as my cross stitch progress but reporting my progress is making sure that I make time for my own finishes as well, so it's been a positive for me.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great finishes to donate Jan and I hope you get a chance to do something for yourself too.

Linda said...

There’s very different and lovely quilts. I love th way those squares appear to “float” in the black background. So pleased you have been able to use the Granny squares I sent you. It looks a bright and warm blanket.