Friday, May 17, 2019

Quilt Delivery Day.

 Today was a big day of delivering quilts and I finished 2 more just in time. Having lots of QAYG blocks on hand made it fairly easy to put together this quilt for Anglicare and the donated top, shown below, was donated by Lesley L. from Rochester Vic. My quilt holder was busy so I took some quick photos with them draped over the fence on the deck.
Then it was off to Anglicare where I delivered 24 quilts, a single bed sized crocheted blanket and a hand knitted baby jacket to be used for their clients. From there I drove to drop off 21 quilts to the Peter Mac Cancer Centre and I had also recently donated 3 quilts to clients of Odyssey House.
   Everyone was thrilled with the quilts and my storage areas are empty of quilts after donating 48, so it's back to work again getting more tops quilted and UFOs finished and ready to donate. Many thanks to everyone who has donated and supported these quilt projects.
    Anglicare told me they had a lady seeking help yesterday and they offered her a quilt for her children from some I had dropped off previously. She declined as she has 3 children and didn't want to be greedy. Luckily they had enough for all the children and she was in tears to receive lovely quilts to keep her children warm, and as you know, that is why we make and donate to the needy.
Many thanks for your help.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

48 quilts! Amazing total. Lovely story about the lady who received three of your donated quilts. You do great work turning out so many quilts from donated blocks and tops.

Jo said...

Amazing effort. There are so many people in need