Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Cross Stitch Tuesday.

 I thought I would be sharing a finish for this block by today but the border is more complicated to stitch than the others. Also I have been really focused on finishing more quilt UFOs so haven't been cross stitching at night. Not that it matters, as any progress is better than none.
I 've also been busily knitting as our new grandson is fue in about 6 or 7 weeks time. He will probably be small so I have made this cardigan and jacket in premmie size. I'm also using our childfree week to downsize my wool and yarn stash. I must have thought I would have 30 grandkids because I have acquired a lot of baby yarn which I will never need for our family, so I'm packing it up and sending it to Karen of Knitting for Brisbane's Needy, to be distributed to her supporters to knit for the needy. Many of the ladies are pensioners who love knitting so passing it on to them is like subcontracting to help more people in their communities, and allows them to keep knitting without putting a strain on their finances. It's also helping to clear my cupboards too so it's a win/win situation. Better get back to downsizing and a trip to drop off excess stuff at the Op Shop.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love the pattern for the latest baby cardigan. That's a kind thought to pass some of your yarn on to other knitters. Like you I am forever sorting out stuff and passing it on to the various Charity Shops we have in our town ... all good causes. We have a great scheme here in the U.K. If you are a tax payer you can make a Gift Aid arrangement with each Shop and they get 20% more for every item of yours they sell. That's a great bonus.

Maria said...

Little progress on the cross stitch is better than none..
Cute wee cardi and beanie for the new bub..
It's great to pass on the wool so others to knit and then donate to the needy...