Thursday, March 21, 2019

Generous Donation from UK/NZ.

 Linda A. from the UK is a very generous quilter who has been supporting my quilt projects for some time and another large parcel has just arrived from her today. She is currently holidaying in New Zealand and has kept busy crocheting and making QAYG squares. Linda sent 18 of these lovely blocks which will make more quilts for Peter Mac or Anglicare.
Linda has also been very busy making crocheted squares for blankets and she has made 30 squares which is fabulous. I spoke with Anglicare staff today and they were very happy to hear that I would have more crocheted blankets for them as well as the quilts. They will also gratefully accept baby clothes and I can use up lits of my stashed baby wool for that purpose. I have some outfits knitted in pink and no one to give them to at the moment, as well as lots of white and cream yarn. My DD prefers to dress her boys in coloured jumpers and not with lacy patterns so I will make some for
new Mums supported by Anglicare, as time allows.
   This little cardigan is a 3 month size that I knitted for Jake. It's still in very good condition so it will be fine for the new baby boy when he arrives . It had a small moth hole in the cuff of one sleeve so I pulled it down and re-knitted the cuff so it's as good as new again. Just a little trick my lovely Mum had passed on but the first time I had done it, and it was a bit fiddly to pull it out but quick to re-knit, and I don't think you would know if I didn't tell you. It's the cuff of the sleeve on the left of the photo.
   Many thanks for your very generous donation, Linda A.,  the quilts and blankets really make a difference to the needy.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Linda is a very generous lady sending the great crocheted squares and QAYG blocks....
Cute cardi of Jakes you fixed ready for his little brother....

Linda said...

So pleased my parcel arrived safely. I know you will make useful blankets and a quilt from them. Good to know you will be able to use your stash to make baby clothes.