Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Cross Stitch Tuesday.

 I can really recommend posting about stalled projects as I am finding that weekly reporting my progress is helping me to maintain progress. My DD stitched these blocks for me when she was recovering from a prolonged and debilitating battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I had bought every DMC thread for her on my first trip to the US in 2010 as they were a third of the price to what I pay here. She madd these as a thank you and a surprise for me but ran out of energy to finish them. Now I'm finishing them as a surprise for her. I thought she made 6 but I can only find 5 so will stitch a replacement.
 I only needed to outline stitch the border flowers and add beads to the February block so that was finished in a night.
I had to stitch the border for this block for April and after a couple of nights stitching it's almost finished too.
Adding the border design adds a lot to their design. I'm enjoying finishing them and want to display them so DD 1 knows how much I appreciate her gift. I'm going to stitch the rest of the fairies too and will probably make them into a wall hanging .
      I'm enjoying stitching them to stay cool rather than wrestling quilts under the machine in this heat, but on the cooler days I'm also finishing off quilts.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

Maria said...

You are making great progress with the pretty fairies....your DD will be pleased to see them done.

Linda said...

The fairies are looking very pretty.

Mari paz said...

Son preciosas.