Thursday, November 15, 2018

Back To Basics.

 While Ray is installing our new pool fence and deck fencing my pinning area has been out of bounds so I have used my sewing time piecing more QAYG blocks. I  have also been making up more quilts from QAYG blocks that I had on hand.
      These lovely quilts will be going to Anglicare to be distributed to children in foster care. Although our Christmas is in summer, kids can always use a warm hug from a quilt.
   Thank you so much to those generous quilters who have made and donated QAYG blocks over the years. They have been invaluable in getting more quilts donated to those in need. Hopefully I will be able to donate a big pile of quilts for Christmas.
   


Cutting up stash fabric for binding and sashing strips is also using up lots of stash too.
Also the question about the Post Stamp quilt- the size of the squares was 1.5 inches, so 1 inch when stitched together.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

the QAYG blocks always make lovely quilts and put a smile on a little ones face.