Friday, July 20, 2018

Almost Finishes.

 I've been focusing on finishing up some of my long term UFOs and I am getting close to having more finishes to share. The star quilt top is hand pieced from 2.5 inch squares I swapped with international quilters as a Millennium swap so that is 18 years old. I used fabrics which didn't read as a particular colour, and just concentrated on light and dark values for placement. I have finished all the stars and part stars this week so it's ready to applique to borders.
 This top was started about 15 years ago in an applique class and I completed half of the centre block and then put it away. I only took a couple ofevenings to finish the applique and spent last weekend making 14 star blocks to surround the centre. I just need to finish joining the blocks now so it is almost done.
The last top is one of 2 that I have made from Superhero fabric and some orphan blocks which were donated. I hope to get it quilted soon. There hasn't been much stitching here lately as Jake is not wanting to sleep as much and I have had a head cold this week,  so I am hoping for more time on the weekend.
I hope you are all finding a little time for working on what you enjoy.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Three great quilts on the go, all very different . So much work in the first one, love the pink stars surrounding the pink appliqué centre and I love the orphan blocks (Churn Dash, Barn doors?) teamed with the superhero fabrics ( the blocks set off and enhance the superhero fabrics beautifully. Hope the cold improves soon.

Linda said...

On second thoughts, the orphan blocks may be Shoo fly - I made some of them recently for the Sunshine Lotto blocks.