More importantly it's finished now and will be donated to Peter Mac for a male patient. Thanks to my lovely blogging supporters I have almost 20 more quilts to donate there.
While searching boxes for a couple of tops I was hoping to quilt for our exhibition in September, I found this UFO too. I started it in a Robyn Falloon class at Dookie, I think at least 13 years ago. I took the class because it was needleturn applique but I didn't really like the design. The first photo shows where it was after 2 days of stitching and the second shows how much I stitched in 3 hours last night. Since I started this class I have learned back basting so I used this technique ehich madd it go together quickly. I don't know where the pattern is so I found my light box and folded the fabric in half, tracing the design onto the back of the fabric. It was fortunate that had used a variety of fabrics, especially greens, so I could use other fabric rather than wasting time looking for matching fabric.
So, although I haven't found the projects I was looking for, I have uncovered old UFOs and having fun getting them finished and donated. A bonus is that my skills have developed a lot since I started these old UFOs so I am getting them finished quickly. I hope to have a 5th UFO finish to share soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac