Thursday, June 1, 2017

Donation Quilts From Western Australia

 Maria W. from WA has been a long time supporter of Oz Comfort Quilts and she has very kindly donated these beautiful quilts for Peter Mac. I love the border treatment in the top quilt and it's the right colours and size for a male patient which is wonderful as they are hard to come by.
 This beautiful quilt will be loved by a lady and it has many different sewing tools appliqued on it. I love the Braid border too.
I make my own labels and always add the quilter's name unless it is an anonymous donation. Thanks so much Maria for your continued support and I know that your beautiful quilts will bring much comfort to patients at Peter Mac.
   I've eased back on the quilting for a few days to rest my arms and also as we've had house inspections so I've had to stash and dash all my sewing things away.
Hugs, Jan Mac

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Wonderful! Such generous donations.

Needled Mom said...

Maria always does such beautiful work and I am sure her quilts provide great comfort to many.

Maria said...

Happy to donate to you Jan for your wonderful cause....
Enjoy your rest.

Linda said...

I agree, the border in the first quilt is really different, so eye-catching. Two great donation quilts. Hope the house viewings go well and that you soon find a buyer.

margaret said...

so good that there are so many people donating best of luck with finding a buyer

Carol E. said...

I totally LOVE that first quilt.. all those happy HSTs dancing around the blocks are just fabulous.

Marijke said...

two beautiful quilts, what nice labels you make Jan .