Monday, May 22, 2017

The Midnight Oil.


 It's surprising how a deadline can help you focus and I know that 100 quilts to Peter Mac by the end of the year is ambitious, especially as we are almost half way through the year. However with some very long days of sewing I have finished some more quilts including one for my family - another baby quilt for a great niece as well as quilting a few tops. The first one will go to Peter Mac and the pile has about 15 in it now. I also found a smaller top which was in adult colours but too small for an adult so I thought I would add some additional fabric to make it more appropriate for a child. I found an ideal border fabric and had just enough to make it more kid friendly. I also button hole appliqued a teddy bear in the centre and this one will also go to Peter Mac for a young child.
 

 I used a cot quilt panel for the backing and just added some of the border fabric to make it larger. I have also been busy cutting up scraps and finishing off some more UFOs so I will have more to share very soon.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Maria said...

You are amazing how you do sew many quilts....
I will pop two in the post today.

margaret said...

you are certainly working hard on completing these quilts can`t remember the last time I was awake at midnight!

Linda said...

Wow! Some lovely quilts in an amazingly short time. The teddy one was so clever.