I spent most of last week in Melbourne getting things organized at our new home as well as working for two days on organizing for our Gift Quilt program. We have had some donations of fabric and hadn't had time to even go through the current bins of fabric which have been there for a while. Some of it is from the 80s and we are trying to use them up for backings as well as mixing them in with more recent fabric acquisitions. We had some great workers as usual and we got more accomplished than we expected. We matched tops with backing and made binding to match. Also cut batting so we can hand out quilt kits for members to finish.
I also wanted to sort the fabric by size, with anything less than half a metre going into a scrap bin, then bins of half metre, one metres and then bins of larger amounts suitable for backings. Sorting them into colours also will make it easier when we want to find binding to match a top and will mean that we don't have to open every bin. We've also planned the agenda for our Gift Quilt day in March so we are ready to start the year when our February meeting comes around. I also found a couple of quilts which had been stuffed into the cupboard as they had issues. I have fixed one by removing the binding, quilting it and then rebinding it so it is ready to donate. I also quilted another top I had pinned so we are starting the year with a clean slate and plenty of quilts ready to donate.
We are still making progress on the house painting and have another room ready to paint. I'm off to Melb again for a few days this week so we will see how much gets done this week.
Hugs, Jan Mac