Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Monday in Melbourne.

I always enjoy attending my Melbourne quilting group and Monday was no exception. On display was the group's raffle quilt made from Liberty fabrics. The raffle proceeds will be donated to the Cancer Council. AQA will be holding a Biggest Morning Tea on Monday 16th of May, from 10am to 2 pm, and with a Liberty theme. Attendees are asked to make, bring or wear anything Liberty. The meeting will be held at the Uniting Church Hall, corner of Canterbury Rd and Valonia Ave, Surrey Hills. I will be traveling in May and will miss the event but I do hope that I win the raffle quilt.
     Monday's guest speaker was Desley Maisano, one of Melbourne's very talented long arm quilters. Desley shared her quilts, several of them being award winning quilts, and it was a wonderful display of her many quilts. I would have loved to see them all up close to really appreciate the fine detailed quilting but there wasn't enough time unfortunately. As part of her presentation, Desley also discussed how to prepare your top for quilting, how to choose quilting designs, threads etc. it was a very interesting day and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Desley's quilting at future exhibitions.
 Working night shifts has taken some time and we are planning on going camping over the weekend so I'll be busy crocheting blankets while we are away, instead of quilting, but I will be busy getting more quilts finished when we return.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Marijke said...

Morning Jan What a lovly idea for the Liberty day .I wished I good come ,to far sadley .
Wish you and Ray a lovely weekend .Hugs Marijke