Monday, January 18, 2016

Back To Basics.

 It seems like my favorite quilt to make for donation quilts will always be these QAYG quilts made from blocks donated by other quilters and combined with some of my own. The never- ending supply of batting and fabric scraps means that these quilts cost nothing much other than the time to out them altogether. I completed another one today and also worked on some more QAYG blocks for future donation quilts.
    I've started making some QAYG blocks to 12.5 inches finished as they take less time and fabric joining them but I also continue to make them in 10.5 inch size. It never ceases to amaze me how little fabric is required for each block as the pile of scraps doesn't seem to deplete quickly.
      I've also been using shorter lengths to make strips of fabric to add to the centre of backing fabric to make it wide enough for the tops I'm quilting.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are also getting some time to stitch.
Hugs, Jan Mac


1 comment:

Maria said...

QAYG quilts always look great. I will do some more blocks for you but which size would you prefer me to make. 10 1/2" or 12 1/2" ?