Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Mixed Bag.

 Three finishes looks like a lot for one day but I had almost finished quilting this top before night shift work made it come to a temporary halt. I love all three quilts and have enjoyed seeing more quilts being added to the pile for donation. They are all different but will make a big difference to the needy.
 This lovely top was made and donated all the way from The Netherlands, by Marijke. I was very lucky to spend the day with Marijke and her lovely husband, Chris when we visited Europe. Marijke is one of my lovely blog readers and very kindly supports my Quilt Projects by making and sending QAYG blocks or tops and I hope it won't be too long before we can catch up in person again. I added borders to this lovely top and I'm really pleased with how pretty it is. Thanks again Marijke for your help.
    The second quilt is made from QAYG blocks with another variation by lovely Penel from NSW. This is the third set of blocks she has sent recently and she's made a very pretty quilt for Impact for Women.
      The last quilt was made tonight from some of the QAYG blocks I have on hand. I've also been making extra blocks when it is too hot to quilt. We gave air conditioning but I also need to work in front of a fan as we are having extremely hot weather again.
      I'm off to Melbourne for a few days again to finalize more wedding plans with our youngest DD as well as enjoying spending time with her. I'll take some hand stitching in case I have a spare minute but I didn't get much done on my last visit. Lol
Hugs, Jan Mac


1 comment:

Marijke said...

you put a lovely border round it Jan.like the color.
I hope we will meet you again and spent more time together.
hugs Marijke