Monday, September 21, 2015

Spring Sewing Day.

 I'm in Melbourne for a few days as I had a special sewing day with my Melbourne quilt ing group to make donation quilts. It was so busy that I didn't get time to take photos other than for some of our completed tumbler blocks. I had torn up an old phone book up to make foundation papers and I took a large box of scrappy strip pieces for them to use. When they had stitched down the strips we ran them through the Accuquilt using the larger Tumbler template. We need more quilts for males so the Tumbler shapes in masculine colors will make up some lovely quilts.
        While in Melbourne I'm taking the opportunity to help our youngest DD and her fiancé, with their engagement party planning as well as wedding plans. We had a lovely lunch yesterday at the winery they have chosen as their wedding venue. It was a fabulous spring day yesterday with clear skies and beautiful sunshine. Today we had spring showers but the blossoms are all out on display and we need the rain so I won't complain. Tomorrow will be a shopping day, looking for dresses etc so not much sewing but still fun to spend time with my DD.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Marijke said...

Lovely tumblers, Jan .Did you find a dress For the wedding ?
beautiful area were you are .Autumn is arrived here with
rain and wind .trees are chancing color so beautiful,

Jan Mac said...

Hi Marijke. I found a dress for the engagement party and will start looking for one for the wedding soon. Spring gas arrived here and it's getting warmer.