Friday, August 21, 2015

Three Quilts and a Cushion.

 The last two days have been productive and I have made two quilt backings and quilted the two donated tops. I also added borders to the first one to make it a better size for an adult male. These first two quilts will be donated through AQA to Peter Mac hospital.
    The next quilt was made from 12 inch QAYG blocks. I had a third of them and made the rest to fit them. This is the tenth quilt for the group which helps homeless teens. I also make cushions from all the small scraps of batting which are too small for the QAYG blocks and this cushion is one which will brighten the Rec room for the teens. I have another cushion insert filled and just need to make another cover.
    Now it's time to take a break from the sewing machine and do some hand stitching of my hexie project.
 Hugs, Jan Mac



3 comments:

Marijke said...

Great idea to make cussions from left over blocks .

hugs Marijke

Maria said...

More lovely quilts and cushion Jan.

I have sent you a couple of emails but they keep bouncing back?? Don't know why??

Linda said...

I have also sent you a couple of emails. First one bounced back, the second seemed to send OK but as I haven't had a reply I'm wondering if that one got lost too? Just wanted to clarify what finished size you want the QAYG blocks - 10.5"?