The second quilt was also made in adult colors but in a child's size so I took the borders off, then took a row of blocks off each side and added them to the length. Then I added an extra border in green and then added an extra square of fabric to each border so that the borders would fit. Adding dark green and gold corner blocks tied in with the quilt colors.
It takes a little time to alter some of these tops but I think it's worth it if the quilt is a more appropriate size as I find square tops just aren't practical in the sizes which are donated. I have also been busy piecing backings and making bindings so hope to have a few more finishes to share soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac