Thursday, April 16, 2015

Another UFO Finish.

 I had this donated top which has been waiting for quilting for some time. It measured far too big for the groups I am currently supporting with quilts. I say I'm supporting groups still but I am trying to finish more of my own UFOs as well. I must get focused back on those too.
   Anyway I de-constructed this large top  of 18 blocks set on point.  It is a lovely quilt and the outer border is the fabric used to make the blocks. I took 12 of the blocks, and quilted them in a 3x4 block setting. I used the narrow gold border as the binding.
  I still have 6 of these lovely blocks and more of the green for the side triangles so I will make some more blocks using the floral border fabric and make two quilts to donate from this one large top.
Hugs, Jan Mac


3 comments:

Linda said...

Such a lovely quilt. A good idea to make two smaller quilts from the one large donated quilt. A couple of years ago I donated a single quilt WIP which I knew I would never finish. My friend Wendy made two super Linus Quilts from it - both quite different!

Marijke said...

Nice blocks Jan .like the colors .
The quilts on the other blog are beautifull ,so nice to share the quilts to other quilters.hugs

Maria said...

A beautiful quilt Jan...and the fabrics are gorgeous!