While I was sorting through some UFOs I found this donated quilt top. It was the size of a cot quilt but the colours weren't suitable for a baby so I decided to re-purpose it. There were also 4 spare star blocks with it. The blocks measured 6.25 inches square. I also found a border of butterflies in similar colours so I took the top apart and cut the butterfly border into 6.25 inch squares. Then I used them to re-create a top suitable for an older child, making it much larger.
I added borders then a half square triangle border using some of the original half square triangle blocks and making more to match. I would have preferred to use the same dark purple as the inner border but didn't have enough for the last border. I'll use the darker purple for a binding instead. I need to have a quilting day and get some more of the tops finished and donated.
Hugs, Jan Mac