Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's Time!

 Did anyone else in blog land swap squares in a millennium swap? I swapped 2.5 inch squares as well as z3 inch squares. That was early 1999. Did I make the quilts? No, I didn't because I was too busy making donation quilts. I did start one with the 2.5 inch squares but I didn't receive many light colored fabrics so the design I'd chosen didn't work. I still had a large tub and parcels of the squares still in their envelopes. It's time to do something with them! There's no point in making a millennium quilt now. That ship has well and truly sailed!!
 Instead I decided to sort the squares and add them to my tubs of pre-cut squares, sorted by size. Some of them had been poorly cut so they have been cut in half diagonally and will be used in my current scrappy projects. It's time to use these pre-cut squares and bring some more variety to my scrappy projects.
   I also found some beautiful heart blocks made for me when my much-loved Mum passed in January 2007. It' s time to make them into a quilt I can use and enjoy. I also found some signature swap blocks which I need to use.
  I've emptied the tub now and need to get busy stitching.
Have a piece flu day.
Hugs, Jan Mac





1 comment:

Marijke said...

Morning Jan, I think thats a problem for us quilter .save every peace of fabric .store it and you will find it years later.Iv,e recived a big back with small peaces fabric, all for my Insanity quilt.Its so much easier now with the punch .hugs Marijke