Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Twenty Years in the Making.

When I see how quickly I can sew blocks together, finish the top and then quilt and finish the binding, it makes me wonder why I have procrastinated so long on some of my many UFOs. I think one of the main problems is that the project wasn't working out how I wanted and other things became more urgent. Anyway this quilt only took 20 years in the making and it's great to have a finish so early in the new year.
I've also finished all the piecing for the hexagons and this will be my next finish. I am in the process of hand appliqueing the hexagon edges to borders and plan to quilt and bind it tomorrow or the next day. I've also made good progress with cleaning out my sewing room so it's been a good start to 2015.
Marijke, the 1940s blue cutter quilt has the flowers stitched down by machine but I will hand applique the replacement petals to repair it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

mereth said...

It's the decision making that slows me down. Once I know where I'm going it doesn't take long at all!

Marijke said...

Thanks Jan .love the topquilt,it looks so simple .I.m still bussy with the hexagons ans all my other quilts