Saturday, November 29, 2014

Noah and Matilda Album Quilt

Yes I know I have enough needle turn applique projects on the go already but as I love applique you can never have too many appliqued quilts. I joined up with Dawn's BOM on Collector with a Needle's blog. The blocks measure 8 inches finished and are really cute. Dawn reproduces antique quilts and her patterns are very easy to follow. As I'm on a back basting binge I also prepped blocks for this BOM and plan to get caught up with them really soon.
Dawn posts 4 blocks a month but they aren't complicated and this timetable should be doable. I've had too many other things to work on first so I am behind but that doesn't matter. I can see that my Chester County Criswell Quilt will be coming to an end soon and these blocks will take their place.
  Pop over to Dawn's blog page and sign up as she is still offering the BOM and the cost is only $5US per month and I think that's good value for 4 patterns. The patterns are available to download via the internet and they will make a cute album quilt with a different style.
  I have a few applique quilts on the go in civil war colours so I have chosen to make these in brighter and more modern colours for a change. Sorry the photo of the two single blocks are on the side. I can't figure out how to change that and time is awasting as I have more stitching ready to go.
 I hope you're all getting some time to stitch as well.
 Call back soon as I will have more to show and share very soon.
 Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Marijke said...

Lovely Jan.so many new things to do .hugs Marijke

Dawn said...

Fantastic fussy cutting. Love those leaves!!