Saturday, September 6, 2014

Spring Has Arrived.

 The wattle is out and the weather is sunny and mild so it's lovely to know that Spring is here again and warmer weather is on it's way. We'll probably get some spring rain too but that's OK we can always use that here to green up our paddocks. Today was a day to finish off some more donation quilts before I work nights again.
 I always think even a "blah" top looks better quilted. This is the top I put together the other day, from donated 9 patches and the lime green binding gives it a lift too.
 I finished another QAYG quilt from blocks donated by Lesley and Co.
 This top was donated and consists of almost every half square triangle being three dimensional. I knew this would make it difficult to quilt easily so I machine stitched down all the flaps and then machine quilted it. I was going to add borders to make it larger but I had a piece of batting and a backing which fit it exactly so I decided to just "get it done"!
The backing is a cute farmyard scene and the batting was a puffy poly but it will keep someone warm. That lime green has been good for binding two of the quilts and I still have some left. I stitched some more on my Insanity Quilt last night and will show my progress soon. I hope all the Dad's have a Happy Father's Day while I will be sleeping.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

I really like the first green one, I think it works together really well.