While cleaning up the piles of fabric I'd been using I found a pile of donated 9 patch blocks and thought it was a good time to make them into a top. I sorted them into piles according to colour and I found there were mostly browns and autumn colours. I also found 8 half square triangles in green and cream so decided to use them and make more to match.
I trimmed the blocks to 6.25" as they were made by many different people and varied in size. It was time consuming but made it much easier to get them to sew them together.
I found a variety of different neutrals and greens and made more HST's. I decided to use more blocks to achieve the size I wanted instead of adding borders as I wanted to use up the blocks and not have to find fabric for borders.
I finished stitching the blocks together but ran out of time to get it quilted. i plan to bind it with bright green binding which should also make it look brighter. My distribution of bright and dark greens wasn't as good as I'd liked as I laid them out on the floor and not on a design wall but it will keep someone warm and that is it's purpose. The top measures 42" x 60" and is fine for a boy. I had planned to machine quilt today but didn't feel like it so I guess another top is still a productive use of time. I need to get back to the hexies though as I have lots on the go.
Off to bed now as I work tonight.
Hugs, Jan Mac