Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Berlin Quilt Expo.

 While I was in Berlin they held the first Berlin Quilt Expo.How lucky was I that the dates coincided with our stay. Ray very kindly rested for an hour while I had a look at the quilts and maybe boiught a few little pieces of fabric to add to my traveling memories of my Insanity Quilt. It was lovely to see so many lovely quilts and get my dose of Vitamin Q!
   I also met such lovely quilters from Germany, Norway, Holland and Hungary, as well as seeing some patterns by Australian designers. There was even a quilt of the Sydney Opera House. Sadly there wasn't enough time to make note of which quilters made these quilts but i hope they don't mind me sharing a little of what I saw.
 Hugs, Jan Mac





1 comment:

margaret said...

as you say how lucky to be here whilst the exhibition is on and see these quilts