Thursday, March 13, 2014

Progress on Elizabeth's Legacy

 I've spent the past two days completing our train timetable for our upcoming trip to Europe so not a lot of stitching is happening. We leave in 6 or 7 weeks so I really needed to focus on the trip and today I have almost completed all the hotel bookings. It will be a very exciting trip and I managed to book an hotel just 2 minutes walk from the Neuschwanstein Castle, which is Ray's favourite. We will be able to spend more time at the castle and walking around the grounds taking in the sights of the Bavarian Alps.
   I did manage to complete another round of hour glass blocks for my tribute to Elizabeth's Legacy quilt. I have replaced two more rounds of Hour Glass blocks with a border of wildflowers and the Hour Glass blocks as the corner blocks.
The original quilt was made in the 1830s and I have quite a few quilts using reproduction fabrics from that era so I decided to have a modern take on the pattern and I'm using Leesa Chandler's Australian wildflower fabric. I have a few more borders to add and then get it quilted by the start of April. I took this week off work so I could focus on booking the Europe trip without being sleep-deprived and I want to get it all done by early next week before I start back on night shift again.
  Thank you all for your very kind words about my Mrs Williams quilt. I won't be donating this one but the hexagon flowers will be donated and I have made a few more hexagon flowers as it's a very good project for hand stitching in odd moments.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

margaret said...

a super quilt. Have a wonderful tour, wonder if you are venturing to the UK

Michele Bilyeu said...

Your quilts are always so lovely and I always, always enjoy your travel photos and visits to other places of any kind! Enjoy your trip, you so deserve it!