Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happiness With Hexagons

 It's been a big week with more night shifts and lots of sleeping. It was also my birthday yesterday so the family are home for the weekend and no time for sewing. I really need to get back to machine quilting my Mrs Williams quilt but a stressful week of work and the extreme heat has deterred me from sitting at the sewing machine. Instead I've taken the time to prep some hexagons for hand stitching. This is the second block from the Hexie Blog Project and it's a heart for February.
 I'm using scraps and some hexagons I had left over from another project. Here's the first two blocks. I managed to stitch the second block together today while visiting and chatting to family.
 I've also started to prep some half inch hexagons for a new project. We're off to Europe and the UK at the end of April for 7 weeks, so I think I'll take some hexagons to stitch while we have some waiting time at airports and train stations. DH is coming this time and we will be doing 4 weeks in Europe with Eurail and then 3 weeks in the UK with Britrail.
I also started joining some more hexagons that were leftovers and will most likely be another donation quilt. The weather was very hot again today so hand stitching was an ideal project for staying indoors in the air conditioning.
 I hope you have a weekend of stitching wherever you are from.
Hugs, Jan Mac

4 comments:

mari paz said...

muy bonito el corazon y muy original.
un beso

jacaranda said...

Happy Birthday Jan, hope you had a lovely day with the family.

Linda said...

A belated "Happy Birthday". Hope you had a great day with your family. Another lovely trip all planned. Enjoy!

margaret said...

love the heart, a great addition to the snowflake, I have lots of hexies done but still to create my heart. Wonder if you will be anywhere near Leeds when you visit the UK?