I made good progress yesterday despite a couple of glitches! I cut one of the appliqued blocks too small and had to re-applique the hexagon to the background. Then I found that I'd also cut one of the China Plate blocks too small when I first made them so that one was re-appliqued to a new background as well. Luckily I'd stopped trimming blocks when I was making them or I might have had to re-do them all!
Now I'm making lots of sashings. Lots of them! I'm fussy cutting them and really like the effect. I love the small leaf pattern on the blue and would have used this for the whole quilt, even though the pattern has different sashings for each round of blocks. Sadly, I didn't have enough of the fabric to use it for the whole quilt.
Now I'm making sashings for the outer edge and then I have one more set of blocks to add and another round of sashings and then the half square triangles for the outer edge. I'm happy with how it's looking and I hope to start the quilting at the weekend when I recover from the next lot of night shift.
Hugs, Jan Mac