Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Scrap Play

 One of the reasons I've been busily sorting and cutting scraps is because I've bought some of Bonnie Hunter's books. She has some very intricate quilts pieced from small scraps and i started some of the blocks using 1.5" squares. The quilt uses 400 squares and I have made 8 so far! Hopefully I'll get some more sewn up very soon.
I'm still feeling sleep deprived after working an extra night shift so I didn't push myself too much to get more blocks sewn. I also finished off another QAYG quilt to donate. Linda asked how many I have finished recently and I'll have to count them when I have time. I think I have at least 30 to donate now.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

4 comments:

Maria said...

Wow 30 QAYG quilts; that's impressive Jan! Your blocks so far for the Bonnie Hunter quilt look great too:-)

Maria said...

Oh what fun playing with 1.5" blocks.....
you always amaze me what you get done and still work night shift...

Name said...

You are an amazing lady, Jan. 30 sounds a fabulous total. No doubt when you find a minute to actually count them it will be nearer 40. Keep up the good work. I'm hooked on Bonnie Hunter, thanks to your blog and I have been watching some of her archived Quilt Cams. Good viewing. As you probably know I am addicted to scraps, making countless Crumb blocks, string blocks and now HSTs. I have already printed off her free pattern for the scrap cross strings quilt( not the right name) that I saw on your blog. The one with scrap strings qnd blue triangles. Perhaps getting one of her books is the next step?

Jan Mac said...

Hi ladies, many thanks for your kind comments. Yes Linda I can highly recommend Bonnie Hunter's books. I bought 3 because that was the cheapest postage. I have all but Scraps and Shirt tails @ and will get that one when her next book comes out next year. She also has lots of good free patterns on her blog page.
Hugs, jan