Friday, October 4, 2013

Multi-Tasking

 I've been working on lots of different bits and pieces yesterday and today. There were three tops quilted. The second one was a set of donated half square triangle blocks which I had put together some time ago. It's been good to get more donated tops finished and ready to donate to the needy for Christmas. I'm going to be traveling again soon so I am trying to get as many done as possible which I am hoping will help to tidy my cupboards a bit by emptying them. They aren't looking tidy yet but I live in hope! lol

 I also spent time winding bindings and sorting them into their own bin so I know what I have on hand.
 I made a couple of QAYG blocks to use up some of the scraps I have unearthed and I will make some more very soon.
 I have stitched a lot more triangles  together to make more 2.5" and 2" half square triangle blocks for future projects. They are scrappy and just light and dark so they will be suitable for lots of patterns. I use the small containers that mushrooms came in so that I keep the sizes separate.
 I also couldn't resist paper-piecing some of the scraps into what will be a new project. I need to make about 144 of these long triangle pieces so this will be a long term project when I want to use up odd-shaped scraps.
Tonight I plan to either quilt another baby quilt or make more blocks for my other scrappy WIP.
I hope you are enjoying some stitching time as well.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Maria said...

Just can't believe how much you can get done in a day Jan..
The quilts will be a welcome gift for someone..
Still have some QAYG blocks if you would like to add them to yours

Maria said...

What a busy bee you are, Jan!