Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Scrap Progress

 I started off by stitching more half square triangles and I'm getting quite a collection of them in the 2" and 2.5" sizes so that will help me to determine which pattern I will choose for my next scrap busting project. In the meantime I have attached 2 more rows to my Bonnie Hunter quilt- Blue Ridge Beauty. Bonnie's is lovely in blues and beige but I am making mine in a scrappy mix of light and dark fabrics and using 2.5" squares as I have more of them than the 2" squares that Bonnie's pattern uses.
 I also made more blocks and only have 3 more left to make and then will add borders.
While I was tidying up more scraps I made up some QAYG blocks as that bin is now overflowing with batting leftovers. I think I need to put another QAYG quilt together as well to use up more of these blocks and they will make a good quilt to donate for Christmas too.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Linda said...

Another prolific day for you on the scrap quilt and block making front. Well done.
I have been turning my 1.75" HSTs into pinwheels. Had a sudden thought tonight that I was gifted another bag of these paired triangle scraps months ago and pushed them away into a drawer. Heavens, just found them - the bag is two or three times larger than the one I have just dealt with. Help!