Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It's Time To Quilt

  I'm still catching up on sleep but really wanted to get some more quilts finished and ready to be donated to the needy for Christmas. The first two quilts were donated tops and were easy to finish off with the quilting and binding.
 They have lovely kid's fabrics which will delight a young recipient.
I also finished off 3 more QAYG quilts from donated blocks. I need to get busy with some of my current projects as well as I have two quilt shows to supply with my own quilts to hang early next year. I need to get the tops finished and quilted so I don't put myself under too much pressure close to the deadline.

I still have piles of scraps to sort through and need to get more tidied away before we are off on our travels again. If I get busy at nightime as well I should have some more finishes to share very soon. There have been some requests for quilts for people affected by the bush fires in NSW but they won't be able to accept any for some time, until they have somewhere to live. Conditions are expected to be worse tomorrow so keep them in your prayers please.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful finishes Jan..
My heart goes out to those folk in NSW and I feel so helpless...

Michele Bilyeu said...

Just love your amazing ability to take bits and dabs of donated pieces or tops and end up with such an abundance of great finishes!