Thursday, October 31, 2013

Feeling Scrappy

 The split nine patch blocks are fun to work on and a great way to use up 2.5" squares. It's mindless sewing and perfect for when i'm too tired to work on a more intricate piecing project.
  Today was busy with getting my haircut, shopping for clothes etc for my next trip so not a lot of sewing time again. This morning I did get another QAYG quilt put together from donated blocks so the pile of donation quilts is growing. Hopefully tomorrow will see me with more time to sew. I need to sew my sister's quilt but I didn't feel like it today so hopefully I can work on it over the next few days before I work nights again.
Bye for now, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a good idea to have such a definite light and dark side to the split 9 patch blocks. Makes such a striking secondary pattern of diamonds. Happy sewing, Jan!

Maria said...

Those Scrappy Blocks look great together.
Nice QAYG too.
Hope you get to do your own sewing tomorrow

jacaranda said...

WOW!!! you are getting so much done Jan. I always love your scrap quilts, you have a way with colours.