Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Slower Day But Progress

 This afternoon was spent on family activities so I didn't get as much sewing done as I had hoped for But I still made some progress. I finished off another quilt from donated QAYG blocks.
 Yesterday I received a set of QAYG blocks and binding from Maria of WA http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com.au
 Maria very kindly cut, pressed and joined the binding strips and it was so easy to finish off the quilt.
 I finished the quilt today and it went together very quickly. Many thanks for your donation and all your work with the blocks and binding, Maria.
 I also made some more QAYG blocks as the pile is dwindling. I need to work on some of my UFOs and hope to spend the next few days finishing off my sister's quilt for her 60th birthday. It's only 2 years past its due date and I want to get it done before my next big trip.
I love to travel and have another overseas trip planned for 3 weeks time. I'll tell you where very soon. I really wish I was in Houston for the Quilt Festival to see all the fabulous quilts and will definitely be heading over again in the future.
 Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh Jan you are a wonder. I missed one days post and whola you not only got my blocks but you have made them into a quilt plus more.