Monday, June 10, 2013

Scrapping Along

 I only have a couple of weeks to finish off all the kid's quilts and in that time I still have paid work, family commitments and packing and trip organization to finish, so it was time to get another quilt finished and ready for donation. I'm really pleased with this one as it was based on some very ordinary nine patch blocks and I used the pink in the surrounding pieces to make them look a bit more appealing. I think this idea works well and I'll be doing it again when I use up some more of the remaining nine patch blocks.
 After quilting and binding this top I also worked on making more String X blocks and have almost completed enough for another top so I plan to finish that one this week and then I can get back to my projects. Paid work and sleeping as taken up the rest of my time for the last few days so I hope to stay awake long enough to do some stitching but I can hear my bed calling to me already. lol
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Jan Mac said...

Having a unifying color does an amazing job of making all of those 9 patches look like you planned for them to go together. Wonderful finish. From Scraphappy

Jan Mac said...

Sorry Angela (Scraphappy) I saw your comment and then it disappeared so I have added it for you. Many thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

jacaranda said...

I love all your scrap quilts Jan. Hope you are taking some time out for yourself.